Burlap valentines banner

I have a weakness for seasonal decorating. I love buying all the cute decor in the stores but I'm trying to keep the spending to a minimum. Two great ways for me to be successful at that is by never going shopping, if you don't see it you don't know you want it, and by making some of my own decor. It's fun to be crafty and I love seeing my finished product on display. This week I'll share some of my valentines decor, some I've had and some is newly created! 


I saw this on Pintrest and knew I had to make it. My sister in law has gotten me interested in burlap, she is burlap crazy! Her house is so cute, so I thought I would copy. I made her one too for her birthday so I don't think she minds! 



I just cut the little flag shapes out of burlap, cut hearts out of fabric, sewed them onto the flags and hot glued the flags over onto a pierce of twine. You could easily make this no sew and even use craft paper instead of fabric if you wanted to. Just hot glue the hearts instead of sewing. I just love a little sewing in any project. Okay, go make one too, so cute!

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

OHhhh so cute!! And hey it's a no-sew project...which I could do!! :) Really one of these days I need to learn though...sigh!

Connie said...

Comment from facebook -

Kate Holler Anderson : Love it! Need to make mine.