First day

So here I am. Sitting in a quiet house, finding myself sitting down at the computer and wondering where to begin in this new found peace. I have a little headache from the tears that I held in all morning while reassuring my children they would be rock stars today at school. Tears that I let loose just a bit when Ethan's teacher hugged my big boy and looked deep into my eyes and asked me to pray for her today. Tears that poured down as I walked back to my van after leaving my sweet daughter who was so nervous and scared about this new school and teacher. I know they will be fine, no, not just fine, awesome. But I just need to have them come smiling to me and tell me they were okay. I can't wait for 3:30pm when I can hug my girl and she can reassure me that she made it through this first day. 

He was cool as a cucumber. Independent and totally ready to go get some knowledge!

We are so blessed to be in this school. It's a great school. We are also blessed to have other believing parents there to encourage and support me and my children. But above and beyond, we are blessed to have two Godly women for teachers this year! Just what we all needed as we approached the unknown and were all feeling unsure about how easy the transition will be. God is so good and I trust Him to see us all thought this change abundantly! He will, I know He will and we will all be closer to Him and each other because of it! 

Hailey was so nervous about school. She wouldn't let me doll her up or curl her hair. She said maybe tomorrow after she sees what the other kids looked like. She is my sensitive little sweetie!

I went right to church and shed a few more tears while I spent an hour in prayer with other moms for our kids, schools, teacher and administrators. Totally calmed my heart and set my perspective right. I took the baby and we got groceries and out of my thankful heart I decided to get a little present for the kids' teachers to give them at pick up today. I'll take some pictures when I get them all packaged up and post it tomorrow. Can't wait to write a note telling these ladies how thankful I am for them and that I'll be praying every day for them and their class! Now I just have to figure out how my life is going to look without my two precious kids swarming around me every moment! I am feeling the beginnings of excitement, this could end up being very cool for all of us!