Last Day

Today is the last day. I'm sad, excited, nervous and overwhelmed. My kids who have been home with me constantly since last summer began are going to school for 6 hours! All day! 


 It's been so long since we've been apart for lunch. As I sat cuddled up with them on the couch watching a show this afternoon I was struck by those feelings mentioned above. Sad to be away from them, excited to have some time alone to think and accomplish things in a timely manner, nervous for them to make some good friends and to like their teachers and overwhelmed that they are leaving my little nest and  flying off on their own in a new school. 


Now I am very happy about this school and I am confident that we are making a good choice that God has led us to. We have bathed this decision in prayer, but it doesn't make the first day of school eve any easier on this mommy's heart. I'm happy that I am feeling a bit sad and not jumping up and down for joy at the thought of being alone. That means we did something good last year, we enjoyed each other for the most part and it was a special year we'll always treasure. Hopefully we'll all three have stories to tell about the year we homeschooled.Good times, some bad and a lot that were just blah, but lots of good, rich and precious days together. 


 I won't be completely alone either. I'll still have a VERY busy one year old to chase after. All by myself now that my built in baby watcher/entertainers will be in school. What will that be like for us? I'm sure come tomorrow we'll both be looking around wondering what we're going to do all day together.


 But it will be good for him too, some one on one time with mom is a good thing and although it will be new, I think he will enjoy it. My plan is to go to church after I drop my kids off and pray with the other moms there for all our kids and their teachers and this coming school year, then go grocery shopping and then head home for lunch and nap. Nap time will mean some tears for me in the absolute quiet that I never experience, but also some time to spend planning and preparing for the way things will look now. 


Different but good. I am trusting that God is holding their hands tighter than I can and He is in this choice concerning school and He will see me through the transition as well as my kiddos. He is mighty and loves us all so much, that is where I will dwell and rest for tomorrow. In His very capable hands!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I totally understand! It's good that we want our kids around. But it is so good for them to spread their wings a little and they will love school! I love the picture of you and Ethan! Pretty mama and handsome boy :)